The Society of Academic Bone Radiology exists to provide an informal setting where in North American academic musculoskeletal radiologists can come together and discuss all aspects of the field of musculoskeletal radiology in order to further understand the musculoskeletal system, including its disease processes and their imaging appearances. The society seeks to enhance patient care, teaching and research.
- Be a collegial society dedicated to promoting education and research directed to innovative patient care.
- Foster the continuing development of the clinical specialty of musculoskeletal imaging as an art and a science.
- Have an annual meeting for presentations and dissemination of knowledge
- Maintain a web site and Internet presence
- Maintain an online "core knowledge" library of the most recent articles and clinical cases that musculoskeletal fellows and musculoskeletal radiologists should be familiar with
- Promote order in the fellowship recruitment process (see Guidelines for MSK Imaging Fellowship)